skip to content

History

Melrose derives its name and appearance from Melrose Abbey in Scotland.  The congregation was founded on November 13th, 1925 with the amlgamation of Charlton Avenue Methodist Church and Westmount Presbyterian Church.  The building was subsequently opened with a dedication service held on Easter Sunday, March 31, 1929.          

Melrose Ministers

1925-1929

Rev. A. DeRose
B.A.

1929-1930

Rev. Dr. C.T. Scott
B.A., D.D.

1930-1938

Rev. Dr. G.G.D. Kilpatrick
B.A., B.D., D.D.

1938-1954

Rev. Dr. John Mutch
M.A., B.D., D.D.

1954-1960

Rev. Dr. George W. Birtch
B.A., B.D., D.D.

1960-1968

Rev. James G. Gorwill
B.A., B.D., S.T.M., D.D.

1968-1973

Rev. Stanford R. Lucyk
B.A., B.D., S.T.M.

1974-1984

Rev. Douglas F. Pratt
B.A., B.D.

1984-1989

Rev. Dr. Peter S. Wyatt
B.A., B.D., ThD.

1990-1994

Rev. Bruce E. Gregersen
B.A., M.Div.

1991-1992

Rev. G. Morton Paterson
M.A., B.D., PhD.

1993-1995

Rev. Margaret Bain
B.A., M.Div.

1995-2001

Rev. R. Edward Black
B.Sc., M.Div.

2004-2008

Rev. Johannes van Nie
B.A., M.Div., M.Th.

2009-2015

Rev. Liz Mackenzie 
B.A., B.Ed., MBA, M.Div.

2015-present

Rev. Dr. Philip Gardner
B.A., M.A., M.Div., PhD.

    


 

The Windows of Melrose United Church

Download the digitally-formatted version of The Windows of Melrose Church, written by Rev. Dr. John Mutch in 1956 (in PDF format, 2.6MB in size).